Find Out Why Cops Say This 9-Year-Old’s Suggestive Rap Videos Could Be a Sign of Child Abuse
BROCKTON, Mass. (TheBlaze/AP) — Police have asked state child welfare officials to investigate possible child abuse or neglect in the case of a 9-year-old who appears in sexually suggestive rap videos.
Brockton police said Monday they haven’t filed criminal charges or arrested the father of fourth-grader Luie Rivera Jr., who goes by the stage name Lil Poopy.
A Department of Children and Families spokeswoman confirmed that officials are looking into concerns about the young rapper’s welfare.
The investigation will include interviews with everyone who lives in the child’s home and likely others who have contact with the 9-year-old, such as school officials, DCF spokeswoman Cayenne Isaksen said. Child welfare officials can refer the case to the local district attorney’s office if an investigation finds any criminal behavior, she said.
“The filers of this report wanted to make sure the child is being properly cared for,” Isaksen said. “…So the department will look into all aspects of this.”
The videos show the boy slapping a woman’s buttocks, engaging in sexually suggestive dances and glorifying drug use and materialism.
Police started investigating after the local newspaper, The Enterprise, did a story about the boy.
The boy’s father, Luis Rivera, told the newspaper his son is acting and not doing anything wrong. He said he planned to contact his lawyer on Monday.
The newspaper said the boy has performed alongside Sean “P. Diddy” Combs, and was discovered in his father’s music studio by the rapper known as French Montana, who founded Cocaine City Records.
Lil Poopy music that was posted to an online mix tape site last October has lyrics that include him singing about being a “bad boy” and a “cocaine cowboy.”
It showed about 8,600 downloads and 195,000 views by Monday afternoon. YouTube posts also feature the boy singing “Coke ain’t a bad word,” and show him with Coca-Cola.
There are also videos of the pint-sized rapper hanging out with adults, who regularly use explicit language and discuss adult content. Watch one of the videos here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 592 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 393 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 337 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 331 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 286 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Kerry makes sub-Saharan Africa visit
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Syria regime unleashes artillery barrage on Qusair
- Journalist and author Haynes Johnson dies at 81
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Late turnovers doom Heat in Game 2 loss, 97-93
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93