‘Liberal Overlords of Comedy’: Michelle Malkin Hits Back at Media Mocking Her for Satirical Video of Michelle Obama
Conservative commentator Michelle Malkin is well-known for her cutting attacks on liberal hypocrisy and “the mainstream media,” but with her most recent publication she appears to have chosen satire as her weapon of choice.
Following Michelle Obama’s appearance on “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon,” where the two boogied for several minutes portraying “the evolution of Mom dancing,” Malkin made a video about the evolution of liberal dancing.
But the media was quick to skewer the latter.
“Can someone please explain how this Michelle Malkin video is funny?” The Atlantic asked.
The Huffington Post was less restrained in an article describing the video as “the biggest facepalm of all time”:
Can explain what the hell is going on here? If you know what dances called “Fly Like a Menendez” (?) or “The Diggie (Obama’s spending sinkhole)” (??) mean, we would love to know.
We did, however, enjoy “The Golfing Man,” as Barack Obama is the first president to have played golf, a foreign activity to Republicans.
Once and for all, Republicans have dispelled the notion that they are by and large embarrassingly bad at comedy — albeit unintentionally. Take that, Michelle Obama!
Here’s Malkin’s video, described by Buzzfeed’s Jack Moore as “unwatchably bad”:
Wearing a short wig with bangs, Malkin presumably is doing an impersonation of the first lady. While it’s true the video is lacking in flashy graphics, it’s an almost exact replica of Michelle Obama’s dance on “Late Night,” just with different dances.
Here’s Michelle Obama’s video with Jimmy Fallon as a comparison:
Michelle Malkin is already hitting back on Twitter.
“Surprise. The Liberal Overlords of Comedy DO NOT APPROVE!” she tweeted. Many are pointing out that, in addition to lauding Michelle’s video, many in the media were delighted when Barack Obama “slow jammed” the news.
“Pres slow jams the news. 1st Lady bogies with comic. But Malkin is undignified?” Malkin retweeted.
NY Mag concluded: “Somewhere, someone is already working on an ‘Evolution of Conservative Dance’ video, and American politics will finally turn into the dance-off it was always destined to become.”
We’ve reached out to Malkin for comment but have not heard back.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 586 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 520 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 388 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 336 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 320 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 270 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 151 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- Granderson hurt as Yankees beat Rays 9-4
- Sanchez loses no-hit bid in 9th, Tigers beat Twins