Dem Congressman Explodes on Fox News, Calls Sean Hannity ‘Immoral’ and a Lying ‘Shill for the Republican Party’
Fox News host Sean Hannity and Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) got into a heated exchange Tuesday night, culminating in a name-calling tirade that caused Hannity to end the interview.
Ellison began the interview by calling Hannity “the worst excuse for a journalist I’ve ever seen.” He accused his host of practicing “yellow journalism” and being a “shill for the Republican Party.”
As Politico’s Dylan Byers notes, Ellison cited the program’s background music as evidence of Hannity’s “yellow journalism” tactics.
After repeatedly interrupting and talking over Hannity, Ellison at one point accused the host of being “immoral” and a liar, saying he says things that aren’t true on his program.
The comments came after Hannity attempted to ask Ellison whether or not it was “immoral” to rack up massive amounts of federal debt.
“You are immoral. You tell lies,” Ellison replied. “You say things that aren’t true.”
“Give me one example, sir,” Hannity replied.
“Well, to try to say that it is the president’s fault and he is to blame is wrong, and it’s a lie,” Ellison said.
When Hannity pressed about President Barack Obama adding roughly $6 trillion to the $16.5 trillion federal debt, Ellison instead focused on “the other [$10 trillion].”
While the Fox News host was able to absorb much of Ellison’s attacks with ease, eventually he had enough.
“Congressman, you are a total waste of time. I’m moving on, because our audience deserves better,” Hannity said. “I tried to give you a fair shot.”
Watch part of the segment via Fox News/Mediaite below:
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 502 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 469 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 389 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 380 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 327 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 201 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 139 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Ago Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 100 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 124 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
- Belmoktar claims responsibility for Niger attack
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty; retrial set
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- NY senator: Assaults let military culture continue
- CBS up, 'Idol' down as traditional TV season ends
- Procter & Gamble brings back A.G. Lafley as CEO