Singer Cancels ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Performance After Finding Out the ‘Animal Serial Killers’ of ‘Duck Dynasty’ Would Be There
After finding out the stars of the hit show “Duck Dynasty” would be appearing on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” indie artist Morrissey promptly cancelled his performance. The former Smiths frontman and animal rights activist said he couldn’t risk “being alongside people who, in effect, amount to animal serial killers.”
A&E’s “Duck Dynasty” reality show follows a Louisiana family with a business selling duck hunting products. TheBlaze recently spoke with Duck Commander CEO and the main character of the show, Willie Robertson, about everything from guns, faith and his trademark bandana.
Morrissey issued the following statement announcing the cancellation:
“Morrissey is thankful for being invited to perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live tomorrow, February 26. However, he cannot morally be on a television program where the cast members of Duck Dynasty will also be guests. Morrissey would be honored to play the show, if Duck Dynasty were removed.”
“As far as my reputation is concerned, I can’t take the risk of being on a show alongside people who, in effect, amount to animal serial killers. If Jimmy cannot dump Duck Dynasty then we must step away,” the singer added.
The producers of “Jimmy Kimmel Live” reportedly attempted to compromise with Morrissey and even offered to tape his performance, but the singer didn’t budge. The cancellation became official on Monday. In his absence, the show has booked the Denver band Churchill.
A person familiar with the Kimmel show’s plans confirmed that Morrissey was to appear. The person lacked authority to discuss the matter publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.
The person says Morrissey’s performance will be rescheduled.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
The crew had a hilarious appearance on the show last night and responded to the controversy with a vegan commercial. Watch it all here.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 844 Comments
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 348 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 271 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 241 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 225 Comments
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 163 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 177 Comments
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 182 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- AP photographer describes destroyed Okla. school
- Crews dig through night after deadly Okla. twister
- Death in Zimbabwe results in unusual US charge
- Owner: Chinese boat's captain beaten by NKoreans
- China's Li seeks stronger economic ties with India
- Myanmar Muslims jailed for killing Buddhist monk
- Officials: More attacks in Iraq; 7 killed
- In tornado's wake, worried parents seek out kids