Music Star John Legend Joins MSNBC Host in Mocking Black Rush Limbaugh Fan on Twitter
Black Republicans, reports have shown, often face even more vicious condemnation from some on the left than the so-called “Tea baggers” and “bitter clingers.” When black actress Stacey Dash endorsed Mitt Romney before the 2012 presidential election, Twitter exploded with vile insults for the star, calling her an “indoor slave” and a litany of curse words.
On Tuesday morning, MSNBC host Touré and celebrated singer John Legend had some mocking words for black Rush Limbaugh fans. And while the comments weren’t as vulgar as what Dash received, their still smacked of condescension.
It began when Touré tweeted: “Being tweeted at by a Black Rush Limbaugh diehard fan is always fun.”
Legend responded: “You gotta respect that person’s tolerance for cognitive dissonance.” (His tweet appears to have since been deleted).
For those who haven’t brushed up on psychology in a while, cognitive dissonance is “a conflict resulting from incongruous beliefs and attitudes held simultaneously.” In this case, those incongruous beliefs are presumably being black and being a Rush Limbaugh fan.
Touré concluded by retweeting Legend’s response, adding that he isn’t able to “respect” the fans: “I wish I could!”
Back in October, Touré claimed the GOP is “an all white party” that is “hostile to blacks.”
“Listening to Limbaugh while black? Heresy! Clearly the poor dears don’t know what’s good for them like Legend does…And there’s liberal tolerance in a nutshell: No respect for individuality. No respect for different opinions. And definitely no respect for black Americans who refuse to kowtow to leftist thought police like Touré and Legend.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 512 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 460 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 445 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 323 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 253 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 146 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Colorado killer's reprieve sharply criticized
- Taiwan's Wu confirms he'll run for IOC presidency
- US, Israel raise hopes for Mideast peace restart
- Jury in Jodi Arias trial resumes deliberations
- Nixon library hosts 40th reunion for Vietnam POWs
- Bangladesh: Owners' many failings led to collapse
- UK emergency committee meets after attack
- Birth control coverage up for federal appeal