While speaking in front of the National Association of Attorneys General in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday, Vice President Joe Biden addressed gun control, making a particularly striking comment about the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
After recounting the horrific violence that was committed on Dec. 14, Biden alluded to the fact that he knows additional gruesome details that he wasn’t able to utter due to media presence at the meeting.
“Twenty innocent babies riddled with bullet holes,” he said, recapping the atrocities “Were the press not here, I could tell you — it’s not public yet — about how gruesome it was.”
The vice president went on to say that he recently met with state troopers who handled the case and that the murderous rampage has profoundly impacted them. Some, he said, are in need of assistance, although it wasn’t clear exactly what he meant by this.
“I met with the state troopers who were on the scene this last week. And the impact on them has been profound,” Biden noted. “Some of them understandably needing some help.”
The politician also said that Sandy Hook has motivated the public to seek legal changes to gun availability, claiming that the American people are now demanding “concrete action.”
Watch this portion of his speech, below:
As CBS News notes, Biden used the speech as an opportunity to outline gun violence proposals — many of which the administration has already touted. In addition to universal background checks, the vice-president spoke in favor of a renewed assault weapons ban.
(H/T: The Washington Examiner)
More Stories You Won’t Want to Miss:
- Which Hollywood Power Couple Penned This Surprising Op-Ed: ‘Why Public Schools Should Teach the Bible’?
- Pro-Life Student Reportedly Threatened With Expulsion — And You’ll Never Believe Why
- Terrifying Demon-Possessed Girl Appears in Beauty Salon, Sending Women Screaming and Running in This Hilarious Prank
- Black Pastor Exposes U.S. Gov’t History on Guns and Minorities
- Man Dies After South African Police Tie Him to Van and Drag Him (Warning: Disturbing Video)
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.