If We Give You a Set of Instructions for YouTube, Want to See the Crazy Thing That Happens?
Step 1. Turn on your speakers volume or put in headphones. If you’re in a public place, don’t turn the volume up too high.
Step 2. Go to YouTube.com.
Step 3. Type in the search bar “Do the Harlem Shake.”
Step 4. Boogie
Now if you were not playing along (it’s Friday so have a little fun) we’ve put together this video to show you what happens if you didn’t want to go through the steps and see the surprise yourself:
If you’re utterly confused about what’s going on, YouTube has created its own version of the viral trend the “Harlem Shake.” The trend took the video sharing site by storm in February with groups from the U.S. Army to a university swim team to the Miami Heat making their own dance videos.
TheBlaze has more details about the viral nature of the Harlem Shake and its dance components in this previous post. We’ve also recently brought you the Harlem Shake on a plane that is now being investigated by the FAA.
This isn’t the first time Google, which owns YouTube, has put together a surprising twist in its products for users.
Here’s another fun one if you missed when it was going viral in 2011.
Step 1. Go to Google.com.
Step 2. Search “Do a barrel roll.”
- The FAA Is Investigating This ‘Harlem Shake’ Video?
- Harlem Shake Meets Muslim Brotherhood and We Have the Video
- Go to Google and Type ‘Do a Barrel Roll’ …Just Do It
Featured image via Shutterstock.com.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 577 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 511 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 492 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 382 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 335 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 305 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 264 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 148 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- NKorean envoy delivers letter to China's president
- Sanchez loses no-hit bid in 9th, Tigers beat Twins
- Zimmermann wins 8th; Nationals top Phillies 5-2
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Calif. teen takes supermodel to prom
- Kuchar leads Colonial when 2nd round suspended
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos