‘I Am Happy to Blame the Media’: Ann Romney Says Mitt ‘Was Not Given a Fair Shake’
Ann Romney said the media didn’t give Mitt “a fair shake” and that she’s happy to blame them for her husband’s loss to President Barack Obama.
“He was not being given a fair shake. People weren’t allowed to see him for who he really was,” she said in a joint interview with the former Republican presidential nominee — their first since the election — aired Sunday on Fox News.
Asked whether she blames the media, Ann Romney replied, “I am happy to blame the media.” Asked if she believes they were “in the tank” for Obama, she laughed.
“I think that any time you are running for office you always think that you are being portrayed unfairly, and, you know, we — of course, on our side believe there is more bias in favor of the other side. I think that, you know, that’s a pretty universal — universally felt opinion,” Ann Romney said.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 594 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 498 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 402 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 334 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 290 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 153 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- Female suicide bomber injures 11 in Russian region
- Obama says nation must do more for fallen heroes
- Dozens march in Ukraine's first-ever gay rally
- 'Friend' of suspect in UK slaying arrested
- In Ethiopia, African Union celebrates 50 years
- Suicide bomber dies in blast in Afghan capital
- Jordan king says extremism 'grown fat' on conflict