‘Chop, Chop, Chop’: Norwegian Teen Revives Terrifying Knife ‘Game’ on YouTube With This Video (Can You Stand to Watch?)
An innocent-looking 16-year-old girl from Norway has resurrected a YouTube craze from 2011 called “the knife game,” inspired by a man who recorded himself stabbing a knife between his digits like a pirate while singing a disturbing song. The goal, it seems, is to get through the song without stabbing yourself.
Smiling and fixing her hair, Hanna Fylling Ellingseter holds up the knife up before beginning to sing:
I’ve got all my fingers, the blades go chop, chop, chop.
And if I miss the space that’s in between my fingers will come off.
And if I hit my fingers, the blood will soon come out.
And all the same I do this game cause that’s what it’s all about.
And chop, chop, chop, chop, chop, chop, chop I’m picking up the speed.
And if I hit my fingers, then my hand will start to bleed.
Near the end of the song, she speeds up the cadence, putting viewers on the edge of the seats.
Here’s the entire video:
Since being uploaded just two days ago, the video has roughly 321,000 views on YouTube.
“Given the Internet’s penchant for imitation and one-upmanship, the same will mostly likely be said about America’s emergency rooms before too long,” Gawker concludes.
Moreover, what does it say about the world’s youth when they find excitement playing or watching a game that could land someone in the hospital with a missing finger? Singing about blood and words like “chop, chop, chop”?
Here’s the YouTube video that started the song, which went viral back in 2011:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 473 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 444 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 375 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 329 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 297 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 184 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 142 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 102 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- House panel moves to curb military sexual assaults
- AP source: Obama on Sunday to visit Oklahoma town devastated by monstrous tornado
- 'Boom Town Baby': African stock markets see gains
- First lady lauds effort to preserve DC slave house
- Attorney: Donald Trump lied on stand
- House takes up GOP bill to speed pipeline approval
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Congo fighting persists as UN chief arrives