Watch Dennis Rodman’s Entire, Awkward Interview Where ABC Confronts Him on Korean Dictator’s Human Rights Record
By now you’ve likely heard about the one headline coming out of the George Stephanopoulos-Dennis Rodman interview: that during Rodman’s visit to North Korea, the country’s dictator Kim Jong Un said all he wanted was President Obama to call him. But have you seen the rest of the awkward video?
How about the ABC anchor stopping Rodman in his tracks after Rodman said that North Koreans really respect their leader, and Stephanopoulos asking the simple question, “Aren’t they forced to?”
Or when Stephanopoulos confronted Rodman on North Korea’s abysmal human rights record and the dictator’s use of prison camps — and Rodman responded that the U.S. does the “same thing.”
“It sounds like you’re apologizing for him,” Stephanopoulos responded during the back-and-forth.
“No, I’m not apologizing for him. I think the fact that– he’s a good guy to me. He’s my friend. I don’t condone what he does, but as a person-to-person, he’s my friend.”
“Someone who hypothetically is a murderer whose your friend is still a murderer.
Rodman rattled off something about making “history” and tried to turn the conversation to Bill Clinton’s sex scandal.
Stephanopoulos, clearly annoyed at this point, eventually handed Rodman a copy of the human rights report on North Korea and told the former NBA star to bring it with him next time he went to the country.
Watch the entire interview below:
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,030 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 461 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 433 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 309 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 248 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 129 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 222 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- North Korea sends leader's special envoy to China
- Early vote points to close race as LA picks mayor
- Straily, Cespedes push A's past Rangers 1-0
- Spurs blow late lead, beat Grizzlies 93-89 in OT
- Apple case seen as possible spur to tax action
- Bernanke testimony to be studied for policy clues
- North Korean leader sends 'special envoy' to China
- State media shows NKorea has new military chief