13 Most Futuristic Cars From the Geneva Auto Show
Ahead of the Geneva Motor Show, which opened its doors to the press Tuesday, there were leaked pictures of the $3.9 million Lamborghini, originally reported to be $4.6 million. Now the actual Lamborghini Veneno and other futuristic and sleek sports cars have been unveiled as well.
Ferrari and McLaren both on Tuesday showed off hybrid supercars sculpted from carbon fiber at the show in Switzerland.
“LaFerrari” is the name of the new special edition Ferrari.
“Owners say they have a Ferrari,” Chairman Luca di Montezemolo said, according to the Associated Press. “This is THE Ferrari.”
Montezemolo said the electric engine has a performance appeal that is proving a draw to Ferrari owners.
The hybrid technology in the McLaren has performance advantages because the electric engine fills in the gap before the turbo engine kicks in, P1 program director Paul McKenzie said. It’s a tiny effect, but everything counts in supercars.
The P1 can do 0-180 mph in under 17 seconds. It sells for $1.3 million, with just 375 in the series.
As for the Lamborghini Veneno being super exclusive that it was only being made for three people who have already put down deposits, Lamborghini CEO Stephan Winkelmann said this gave the auto maker a “high degree of freedom in terms of the design.”
“…you can test materials and new technologies, it has a halo effect on the other products,” Winkelman said according to AP.
Here’s a look a these supercars and other futuristic models at the show:
- Can’t Make It to the Detroit Auto Show? Here Are 24 Pictures of the Awesome New Wheels
- Guess the Price Tag for This Porche ‘Supercar’ that Boasts 94 Miles Per Gallon
- How Much Do You Want the New Aston Martin ‘Supercar’?
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 463 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 317 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 256 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 237 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance Read More
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 191 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? 102 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 124 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 104 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 140 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Mortar lands in Congo as UN chief arrives
- Zimbabwe's president signs new constitution
- Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor over Greuel
- South Sudan warns it may shut down oil flow again
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- Czech president settles dispute over gay rights
- Vatican releases 1st report of financial watchdog
- UK eyes giving visas to 600 Afghan interpreters