Ahmadinejad Elevates Chavez to Messiah-Status: He Is Returning to Earth With Jesus & the 12th Imam
The chummy relationship between Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the late Hugo Chavez is no secret, but the depth of the Iranian president’s affection and indeed, reverence for the deceased Venezuelan leader might take some by surprise. Ahmadinejad declared Wednesday a national day of mourning for all Iranians while simultaneously elevating Chavez to martyr-status — one on par with Jesus Christ (who is considered a prophet in Islam) and Islam’s 12th imam — the last of the Twelve Imams who Shiites believe to be mankind’s ultimate savior.
Of Chavez, the Iranian leader said, “I have no doubt that he will return, along with the righteous Jesus and the perfect human.”
Shared ideologies and geo-political foes is one thing. Elevating a South American dictator to the the same status as, essentially, one’s messiah is quite another. Nonetheless, this is how deep Ahmadinejad’s adoration apparently runs.
In addition to delivery prophecies, the Iranian leader alluded to the conspiracy theory that Chavez may have met the same fate as the late Palestinian Liberation Organization leader Yassir Arafat, who some believe was poisoned by the Israeli secret service.
During his condolence message, Ahmadinejad said Chavez was a “martyr” who died of a “suspect illness.”
Chavez of course enjoyed immense popularity in Iran, having made no less than 13 visits to the Islamic Republic during the span of 13 years.
“Hugo Chavez is a name known to all nations. His name is a reminder of cleanliness and kindness, bravery…dedication, and tireless efforts to serve the people, especially the poor and those scarred by colonialism and imperialism,” Ahmadinejad explained prior to calling the Venezuelan leader a prophet.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 467 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 441 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 336 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 326 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 263 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 157 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 202 Comments
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 139 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 145 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 100 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Feds open special inspection into NC nuke plant
- IRS official Lerner: 'I did nothing wrong'
- Chinese premier visits Pakistan, praises ties
- Iran expands nuke technology
- Complaint accuses Exxon Mobil of anti-gay bias
- Douglas, Damon dramatize a steamy show-biz affair
- Germans, French eye plan to create jobs for young
- Polish man gets quick face transplant after injury