See the Stunningly Insensitive Scavenger Hunt List That Allegedly Came From a College Frat
Pi Kappa Alpha, a fraternity at Columbia University, is catching a fair bit of scrutiny over a scavenger hunt list that the group purportedly created. The document has been particularly eyebrow-raising over its inclusion of some bizarre requests the frat’s brothers apparently outlined for aspiring members.
From asking participants to nab shoes from homeless men to rewarding points for explicit sex acts, the list has no shortage of contentious inclusions. According to New York Magazine, the document was initially recovered by Bwog, a blog associated with Columbia University’s undergraduate magazine.
The paper was apparently left next to a library printer on campus, which led to its publication on the blog as well as in numerous national media outlets.
It outlines a points system, offering a range of accolades for various activities. While some of the items are more benign — even positive — like planting a flag at the 9/11 memorial (worth 10 points) or riding the Wall Street bull (worth five points), others are certainly less-than-positive.
Here are just a few selections from the list:
Piss on church of Scientology (minimum 1 picture): 5 points
Picture of a homeless person burning money: 5 points
Video of pledges piggy-back racing on fat girls: 10 points
Homeless man’s shoe: 10 points
None of these examples include the sexually-explicit content that was placed throughout the list. The fraternity, at least according to the document, also offered points for panties, bras and pornography.
Additionally, one of the options for submission was a recorded video showing a pledge engaging in a sexual act (this was worth 25 points). Cosmo called this particular element “winner for most appalling pledge assignment.”
While some might dismiss the activity as innocent fun, but Business Insider notes that college campuses consider these activities to be a form of hazing — something that could land a frat like Pi Kappa Alpha in hot water (although, that would depend on Columbia’s rules and further details surrounding just how widespread this list was).
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 980 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 426 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 377 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 290 Comments
- ‘Arrogance…Abuse of Power…Rotten to the Core’: Paul Ryan Steamed Over IRS, Benghazi 198 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 137 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 173 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds 100 Comments
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Surprise: The IRS leans left — way left
- ‘First they came for Fox News…’
- Most Republicans not following news about Obama admin’s three scandals ‘very closely’
- Obama DOJ relied on 1917 Espionage Act to target ‘co-conspirator’ Fox News
- Stuart Stevens predicts racist ‘small cable show’ co-hosted by Sharpton, Weiner
- The 50th Super Bowl goes to San Francisco Bay Area
- Muppets creator's items head to NYC museum
- US lawmakers seek limits on Russia cooperation
- San Francisco Bay Area picked to host 50th Super Bowl in 2016
- Lawyer: Feds investigate Susan Powell case
- Library honors Carole King with US pop music prize
- Photos of Tucson shooting scene show gun, knife
- In tornado's wake, worried parents seek out kids