Fox’s Shep Smith Goes on Scathing Rant Against Obama’s Drone Strike Policy: ‘Are You Kidding Me?’
Fox News’ Shep Smith on Thursday blasted the Obama administration’s controversial drone strike program, saying he doesn’t understand why people aren’t freaked out over the government’s willingness to kill Americans overseas.
“It’s bad enough that they’ve got cameras on every corner and stopping us if your car runs a red light,” Smith said. “Now, all we’re sure of is if I’m engaged in combat, unless I am, they can’t kill me if I’m sitting in the cafe down the street. I’m not sure they can’t look in my window.”
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) conducted a nearly 13 hour filibuster on Wednesday, during which he asked the White House to confirm the executive branch doesn’t have the authority to carry out drone strikes on non-combatant American citizens on U.S. soil. Attorney General Eric Holder and White House Press Secretary assured Paul the next day that the president could not.
Judge Andrew Napolitano weighed in, noting that the government killed radical Islamist Internet preacher Anwar Al-Awlaki, an American citizen, with a drone strike in Yemen. His 16-year-old son was also killed.
“You know what they said? They said he picked a bad father,” Smith lamented. “Are you kidding me?”
“It’s reprehensible,” Napolitano agreed.
Smith argued that the White House’s drone policy needs to be reexamined.
“If we have to ask this question even, then we’ve gone so far beyond what this document has to say that we really, really need some mirror work,” he said. “Nobody freaked out when they killed an American overseas, and I don’t know why.”
Watch the clip via Fox News/Mediaite below:
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 496 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 477 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 382 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 317 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 176 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 304 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 124 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Stocks end lower as investors reassess Fed worries
- NASA head views progress on asteroid lasso mission
- Pandora posts in-line 1Q loss, upbeat sales
- Coded goal: RG3 still aiming for Redskins' opener
- Body of 2nd child found in deadly Minn. landslide
- David Beckham bids au revoir to soccer
- Gap's 1st-quarter profits rises 43 percent
- Committee hits stretch run for NY-NJ Super Bowl