Joy Behar Out — Will No Longer Be Enjoying ‘The View’
LOS ANGELES (TheBlaze/AP) — Joy Behar will be enjoying “The View” for only five more months.
The 70-year-old comedian is leaving the ABC daytime talk show at the end of the current season in August. The network said in a statement Thursday that it wishes Behar “all the best in this next chapter, and are thrilled that we have her for the remainder of the season.”
According to ABC, Behar said it “seemed like the right time to move on.” But she was much more open with the gossip outlet Deadline.
It seemed like the right time,” Behar told the website. “You reach a point when you say to yourself, ‘Do I want to keep doing this? There are other things on my plate I want to do – I’ve been writing a play, I’ve been neglecting my standup.”
She went on: “I do like talk shows. I’m interested in talking to people. I want to do an intelligenttalk show where you have room to breath.”
And adding to the speculation? She said she had a “positive meeting” with new CNN head Jeff Zucker, who has poached the likes of Jake Tapper recently.
Behar has co-hosted “The View” for 16 seasons. She was among the first co-hosts with co-creator Barbara Walters when the series debuted. The current panel includes Whoopi Goldberg, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Sherri Shepherd.
In addition to “The View,” Behar hosted “The Joy Behar Show” on HLN from 2009 to 2011 and currently hosts “Joy Behar: Say Anything!” on Current TV, which debuted last year.
This story has been updated.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 473 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 463 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 365 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 329 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control Read More
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 153 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 104 Comments
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Emails suggest Treasury delayed alerting Congress to Tea Party targeting scheme
- 26 killed in 2 simultaneous car bombs in Niger
- Body of child found in deadly Minn. landslide
- Court cancels Ukraine's first gay pride rally
- WHO: 22 deaths worldwide from coronavirus
- Between economy and trouble, Obama approval steady
- UN chief visits Goma, Congo
- UK attack suspects part of previous investigations
- Shuttered NM plant resumes making peanut butter