‘Let Go of the System’: How Can Parents & Teachers Stop CSCOPE?
On Thursday TheBlaze along with The Glenn Beck Program delved deeply into the controversial curriculum system sweeping Texas schools known as CSCOPE. From issuing gag orders on teachers to bar them from talking about lesson plans, to preventing parents from obtaining information about what their children are being taught, the way CSCOPE operates almost seems like a work of fiction. Disturbingly, it is not.
Following up on issues covered by his panel the night before, Beck on Friday discussed what teachers and parents can actually do to stop the effects of what’s being called an “oppressive” curriculum management system.
“The best thing is to educate yourself as a teacher on what it [CSCOPE] is,” Beck said. “As a parent, get your kids out of the public school system… Do not let another day go by with kids being indoctrinated.”
Historian and Texas native David Barton said parents should broach the subject with the curriculum directors of their children’s schools and engage the school superintendent.
“Teach kids what is right,” Barton said.
Barton and Pat Gray both said it’s important for parents and teachers to focus on their school boards and, more pointedly, the local election process, because citizens are most effective at the local level.
Barton explained that CSCOPE is operating outside of Texas, typically under the generic Common Core standards name and that there are variations of CSCOPE in other states.
The public education and traditional university system is “killing our ingenuity,” Beck said.
He noted that there have been many successful people, including famed CEOs and entrepreneurs, who did not go the route of traditional education. Beck qualified that wasn’t saying education is not important, but that the system by which it’s sometimes delivered can be inherently flawed.
“Don’t let go of education, but let go of the system,” Beck said. “You can think out of the box.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 520 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 464 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 449 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 331 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 259 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 147 Comments
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- For Philadelphia bicyclist, a cat is his co-pilot
- IMF head Lagarde in court in fraud probe
- Brave woman tried to reason with London attackers
- British official: Both suspects in London attack were part of earlier security services probes
- Car bomb kills 12 in southwest Pakistan
- LeBron, Heat dig deep to top Pacers in Game 1
- Senator: Assaults let military culture continue