Jeb Bush Calls the Media ‘Crack Addicts’ for Constantly Asking if He’ll Run for President
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush on Sunday likened political reporters to “crack addicts” and “heroin addicts” for repeatedly asking about his presidential ambitions.
NBC “Meet the Press” host David Gregory had asked whether America was more likely to see Bush or his fellow Floridian, Sen. Marco Rubio, in the White House.
“Man you guys are crack addicts, you’re really obsessed with all this politics,” Bush said.
Gregory laughed and said that wasn’t something he’d been called before.
“OK, heroin addict — that better?” Bush asked.
Bush appeared on all five Sunday morning talk shows to promote his newest book after stoking speculation in recent days about a 2016 bid.
On “Fox News Sunday,” Bush said he wasn’t concerned about his last name being a burden after his brother left office with unfavorable ratings four years ago.
“I don’t think there’s any Bush baggage at all,” he said. “I love my brother, I’m proud of his accomplishments. I love my dad. I’m proud to be a Bush.”
Bush continued, “If I run for president, it’s not because of something in my DNA that compels me to do it. It would be that it’s the right thing to do for my family, that the conditions are right, and that I have something to offer.”
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 527 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 466 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 453 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 337 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Terrorism, London Machete Attack: ‘A Hand-Maiden of Islamic Terrorism’ Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 272 Comments
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- 5 dead in Lebanon clash of Assad foes, backers
- AP Interview: Rogge praises wrestling's changes
- Restaurant torched in 4th night of Sweden riots
- Man shot by FBI had ties to Boston bombing suspect
- Ralph Lauren's 4Q profit rises 35 pct
- Father of man shot in Boston probe shares regrets
- Russian court denies Pussy Riot's Alekhina parole
- Britain: Soldier slaying suspects had been probed