Report: Hollywood Actress Ashley Judd Set to Announce Run for Senate Against Mitch McConnell
Ashley Judd has reportedly decided to challenge Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and is planning to announce her candidacy in the spring, according to the Huffington Post.
The Hollywood actress has informed “key advisers and political figures” in Kentucky of her intent to seek the Democratic nomination for the 2014 race and plans to announce in early May around the Kentucky Derby.
Reached by email by the Huffington Post, Judd didn’t offer a direct denial.
“I am not sure who is saying this stuff, but it is not I! I’d prefer as a fan of your journalism that you stay accurate and credible. We told everyone who called us yesterday these stories are fabrications,” Judd wrote, though didn’t answer directly which “stories” weren’t “accurate,” or whether she had in fact reached a decision, according to the site.
Judd — a staunch Obama supporter — said in January she was “taking a close look” at a possible Senate bid, quickly prompting a preemptive attack ad from Republican operative Karl Rove’s American Crossroads super PAC branding her a “Hollywood liberal.”
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,001 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 445 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 395 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 296 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 198 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 169 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds 104 Comments
- New Egypt tax law: cuts for poor, business hikes
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- JPMorgan's Dimon survives shareholder referendum
- Clippers won't offer Del Negro new deal as coach
- Stocks gain on reassurance from a top Fed official
- Lawyer: No background check done on Jackson doctor
- AP photographer sees kids pulled from Okla. school
- The pope and the devil: Is Francis an exorcist?