(TheBlaze/AP) — No need to say goodbye to Elisabeth Hasselbeck. She’s staying put as a co-host of “The View,” despite reports claiming the show’s lone conservative is “too extreme and right wing” for viewers.
Series co-creator Barbara Walters said the story was “particularly false” on Monday’s edition of the ABC daytime talk show, adding: “We have no plans for Elisabeth to leave.”
“There’s a particularly false story that keeps getting picked up about Elisabeth’s alleged departure saying we don’t approve of her conservative views,” Walters said of the rumors. “The truth is… we value and appreciate her point of view, it’s important to us, because it helps give the show perspective and balance.”
35-year-old Hasselbeck has been on “The View” for a decade, but Joy Behar’s announcement last week that she plans to exit this August may have made the story seem more plausible. Behar was among the first co-hosts with Walters when “The View” debuted in 1997.
Besides Walters, the remaining panel includes Whoopi Goldberg and Sherri Shepherd.
Here’s video of Walters’ statement today on ABC, via Mediaite: