Watch the Fake North Korean Propaganda Video That Hysterically Depicts U.S. as Murderous Dystopian Wasteland
An alleged propaganda video out of North Korea depicts America as a dangerous dystopia where citizens buy guns to “kill each other,” the streets are piled high with body bags and people are forced to eat birds to survive.
“This is Americans live today,” a narrator says in the video, according to an English translation. “Drinking coffee made from snow, and living in tents and buying guns to kill each other — especially children.”
The narrator follows up with the fact that “some people complain about the guns” that are killing everyone in the streets.
Attention is then focused on the apparent lack of birds in the trees, which the narrator notes is due to the fact that Americans living in tents have killed and eaten them in order to survive. And of course people are addicted to heroin and drink coffee made of snow in this made-up version of America.
Though American houses “blow down very easily,” the American Red Cross offers materials graciously provided by North Korea to help Americans struggling through unthinkable poverty, the narrator claims.
The narrator also notices how Americans have sneakily “disguised” certain parts of the county to look like foreign countries Europe.
Additionally, a “former Republican candidate from Oregon” makes a cameo to display just how far the nation had fallen. He is forced to get coffee made of snow from trucks.
“They are very grateful to their government for these handouts,” the narrator adds.
The video’s authenticity has not been confirmed at this point and some are calling the video a hoax. It’s also not clear whether the video, posted on Chinese website Ifeng, actually originated out of North Korea. Either way, it’s a pretty entertaining video.
UPDATE: Confirming the suspicions of many, the Huffington Post reports the video above is indeed a hoax.
The man behind the farce? British travel writer Alun Hill, who doesn’t speak a word of Korean.
Hill told The Huffington Post over the phone Wednesday that he received the original video from North Korea’s official Korean Central News Agency, which said it depicts the failure of European democracy.
(H/T: The Sun)
This story has been updated.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 593 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 498 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 395 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 338 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 332 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 289 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- 16 children, 1 teacher dead in Pakistan bus fire
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- Chile's Indians take on world's largest gold miner
- Syria regime unleashes artillery barrage on Qusair
- Kerry makes sub-Saharan Africa visit
- Kuchar leads Colonial without finishing 2nd round
- Penguins oust Sens in five, reach Eastern finals
- Pacers steal Game 2 away from Heat in Miami, 97-93