Whoa: Did Some Guy in Spain Really Predict the Next Pope Would Be Named ‘Francis I’ More Than a Month Ago?
OK, this story is a little creepy.
A woman in Spain named Yolanda De Mena tweeted about a strange dream her boyfriend had on Feb. 11, 2013. Specifically, he had a dream that Pope Benedict resigned and was replaced by “Francis I” — more than one month before the real Pope Francis I was introduced to the world.
“My boyfriend woke up last night at 4am saying [he] had dreamed of a new pope called ‘Francis I’ and Benedict resignation today,” the tweet read, according to a Google translation.
Notice the time-stamp? Yeah, we know.
The tweet has since gone viral and had more than 71,000 retweets and 20,000 favorites as of 7 p.m. ET on Thursday.
Unsurprisingly, the apparent God-sent premonition is freaking people out across the Internet.
“WTF? WTF WTF WTF?” one Twitter user replied on Wednesday.
“OMG!!” wrote another.
Other are remaining skeptical, however, the Daily Dot points out that a tweet can’t be altered after it’s been sent out. If it were possible, surely things like this would occur frequently. Maybe he had a relative who had a hand in selecting the new pope — there aren’t many good explanations.
What’s your take? Hoax or real-life premonition from God?
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 533 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 468 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 459 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 347 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 326 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Socialists try to form new govt in Bulgaria
- Britain: Soldier slaying suspects had been probed
- Sorrentino serves up a cinema banquet at Cannes
- Stock slump continues on Wall Street
- Czech police seek US man suspected of 4 murders
- Ralph Lauren's 4Q profit rises 35 pct
- Taliban rickshaw bomb kills 13 in Pakistan
- UEFA introduces minimum ban for racist abuse