Whoa: Did Some Guy in Spain Really Predict the Next Pope Would Be Named ‘Francis I’ More Than a Month Ago?
OK, this story is a little creepy.
A woman in Spain named Yolanda De Mena tweeted about a strange dream her boyfriend had on Feb. 11, 2013. Specifically, he had a dream that Pope Benedict resigned and was replaced by “Francis I” — more than one month before the real Pope Francis I was introduced to the world.
“My boyfriend woke up last night at 4am saying [he] had dreamed of a new pope called ‘Francis I’ and Benedict resignation today,” the tweet read, according to a Google translation.
Notice the time-stamp? Yeah, we know.
The tweet has since gone viral and had more than 71,000 retweets and 20,000 favorites as of 7 p.m. ET on Thursday.
Unsurprisingly, the apparent God-sent premonition is freaking people out across the Internet.
“WTF? WTF WTF WTF?” one Twitter user replied on Wednesday.
“OMG!!” wrote another.
Other are remaining skeptical, however, the Daily Dot points out that a tweet can’t be altered after it’s been sent out. If it were possible, surely things like this would occur frequently. Maybe he had a relative who had a hand in selecting the new pope — there aren’t many good explanations.
What’s your take? Hoax or real-life premonition from God?
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,037 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 437 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 158 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 227 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 110 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 101 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 134 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Diplomats: Iran expands nuke technology
- Syrian opposition urges rebels to join key battle
- Octogenarians race to be oldest Everest climber
- Bank of England remains divided on stimulus
- Restaurant learns online reviews can make or break
- Sony mulls hedge fund's entertainment sale idea
- Under scrutiny, Va. gov's mansion a dichotomy
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview