(TheBlaze/AP) — Lil Wayne says he’s OK — or at least that’s the message that was posted via his official Twitter account late Friday.
The multiplatinum rapper was hospitalized in Los Angeles on Friday and reps confirmed he was “recovering” after suffering a seizure. The rapper tweeted to his fans: “I’m good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love.”.
A person close to the superstar rapper’s camp who asked for anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter confirmed to The Associated Press that Lil Wayne had a seizure.
However, according to TMZ Wayne had been placed in an induced coma and, at one point, was being read his last rites. The site later removed that portion of its report. As of 10 p.m. ET, TMZ’s “sources” were saying that the rapper was still in critical condition but stabilizing.
“We’re told the prognosis is uncertain,” TMZ writes. “Wayne is sleeping right now … which is odd, because he just tweeted saying he’s OK and thanking people for the prayers and love.”
It’s unclear which of the conflicting reports is actually true at this point, but officials nor the rapper’s reps have openly confirmed TMZ’s report.
The 30-year-old New Orleans rapper is one of the biggest stars of not only his genre but in all music. He’s due to release his 10th album, “I Am Not a Human Being,” on March 26.
Featured image via Getty