‘Terror’: Israeli Baby in Critical Condition After Palestinians Reportedly Throw Rocks at Jewish Vehicles
JERUSALEM (TheBlaze/AP) — The Israeli military says it has arrested 10 Palestinians suspected of throwing rocks at Israeli cars and causing a crash that badly injured a 2-year-old Israeli baby.
The car crash took place Thursday near the West Bank settlement of Ariel. The army said in a statement that it considers the rock throwing as “terror.”
Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld says an Israeli mother driving her three daughters crashed at the time of the rock throwing. He said the police assume the rocks caused the crash, but are still investigating. Hospital officials say the Israeli infant is in critical condition.
Below, see footage from the scene:
Algemeiner has additional details:
According to Tazpit News Agency, a serious traffic collision took place at the Gitai Avisar junction, near Ariel in Samaria in what appeared to be the result of rock throwing by a group of Arabs. According to eye witnesses, Arabs throwing rocks were able to strike a bus on the road, as well as a passing truck, lightly injuring both drivers. The truck driver was subsequently forced to pull over and a car that followed was also struck by the rocks. The car’s driver lost control of her vehicle and crashed into the parked truck, around 6:30 p.m.
The family inside the car was seriously injured in the crash, with the mother suffering serious injuries. The mother’s two-year-old girl was left in critical condition, while her other two daughters, ages 4 and 6, suffered moderate injuries.
In an interview with Arutz Sheva, a paramedic named Yonatan explained the incident in detail.
“The accident apparently took place because a truck stopped at the side of the road due to the rock attacks, and the private vehicle hit the truck for reasons that are not yet known,” explained the medical professional. ”A mother and her daughters, including a year-old baby, were trapped in the private vehicle. We provided treatment and after a protracted extrication, MDA and IDF teams evacuated them to the hospital, with the year-old baby’s condition being termed critical.”
Police are on high alert Friday for demonstrations by Muslim worshippers at a holy site in Jerusalem.
Other-Must Read Stories:
- Bombshell Secret Comes Out During Priest’s Trial for Alleged Sexual Assault
- So Who Exactly Is the New Pope Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina (Pope Francis)?
- What Simple Act Did Pope Francis Do Today That Has Everyone Buzzing?
- Why Did the Cardinals Select an Argentinian Pope? These Stunning Graphics May Provide the Answer
- Assistant Principal Accused of Having Sex With Student…in His Office During Prom Event
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 477 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 453 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 435 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 301 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 227 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 144 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Lawyer: Malaysian accused of rape married the girl
- LeBron saves Heat at buzzer of Game 1
- Building materials blamed in Bangladesh disaster
- Gov't probe faults construction materials, code violations for Bangladesh building collapse
- Okla. tornado damage: Thousands of homes, $1.5-$2B
- Japanese climber, 80, becomes oldest atop Everest
- Nepalese official says 80-year-old Japanese climber becomes oldest man to summit Everest
- Ford to end auto production in Australia in 2016