Iran Says ‘All Options Are on the Table’ if its Nuclear Program is Attacked
TEHRAN, Iran (TheBlaze/AP) — The spokesman for Iran’s armed forces says military commanders have been given the authority to respond immediately to enemy attacks.
Gen. Masoud Jazayeri also says Iran keeps “all options are on the table”, language similar to that used by U.S. President Barack Obama to leave open the possibility of military action against Iran’s nuclear program.
Obama told Israel’s Channel 2 TV Thursday that Washington still prefers diplomacy over force, but that a nuclear Iran is a “red line.”
Jazayeri didn’t elaborate. His comments were posted Saturday on sepahnews.com, the website of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard, the country’s most powerful military force.
Obama said Iran is about a year away from developing a nuclear weapon. Tehran denies it is pursuing weapons technology.
Iran’s latest warning comes one month after Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said the country had “no intention of building” nuclear weapons but that the U.S. couldn’t stop them if they did.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 533 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 490 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 473 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 327 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 294 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor Read More
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 155 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 127 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- IMF chief named key witness in French payoff case
- Obama: Sexual assault threatens trust in military
- Oklahoma gets far more than its share of disasters
- Cannes: Dern a leading man again in 'Nebraska'
- Yankees' Teixeira to play in minors on Wednesday
- Budget cuts mean unpaid day off for many in gov't
- Hezbollah: EU making big mistake
- Toronto mayor Rob Ford says he does not smoke crack cocaine