Filmmaker Uses Graphic Hypothetical About Senator’s Grandkids to Push Gun Control
Professional provocateur Michael Moore, fresh off his call for officials to release the crime scene photos from the Sandy Hook massacre, said on Tuesday that Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) wouldn’t be dropping the “assault weapons” ban if his grandchildren were killed by a shooter tomorrow.
Appearing on CNN with host Piers Morgan, Moore blasted the National Rifle Association for imposing it’s will against the “majority” of people who support stricter gun control.
Referring to Sen. Rob Portman’s (R-Ohio) flip-flop on gay marriage after finding out his son was gay, Morgan wondered whether any lawmakers would have a change of heart on gun control if members of their families were victims of gun violence.
Moore agreed, but took it to a very dark place with his graphic reasoning.
“If a man with an assault weapon goes in to the school where Harry Reid’s grandchildren go to school tomorrow and kills his grandchildren, would he go in front of his microphone at 5:00 and say, ‘I know how Dianne [Feinstein] had to witness the mayor getting murdered, and I just–my grandchildren just got killed today, but, you know, we can’t get it passed ’cause we just don’t have the votes.”
“Would he do that really? I don’t think so,” he added.
Watch the segment via CNN/Mediaite below:
(H/T: Josh Feldman, Mediaite)
Featured image via Getty
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 537 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 492 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 474 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 327 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 295 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 120 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 180 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 131 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- IMF chief named key witness in French payoff case
- Obama: Sexual assault threatens trust in military
- Oklahoma gets far more than its share of disasters
- Cannes: Dern a leading man again in 'Nebraska'
- Yankees' Teixeira to play in minors on Wednesday
- Budget cuts mean unpaid day off for many in gov't
- Hezbollah: EU making big mistake
- Toronto mayor Rob Ford says he does not smoke crack cocaine