Hilarious Video of Teen Waking Up Post Wisdom Teeth Removal: ‘How Did I Get Here?’
This video can only be described as a new “David After Dentist.”
Posted on YouTube Tuesday by a young man in Utah is the video of him in a dentist’s chair after having his wisdom teeth removed. He’s pretty hopped up on some kind of pain medication and, as you might expect, the antics and conversation with his father afterward are pretty hilarious.
Tanner Paxman, who according to his Facebook page lives in North Ogden, Utah, said he doesn’t remember anything that was caught on camera by his dad. And, as the video description states, he would like to point out that “i (sic) don’t usually cry this much.”
A friend named Ashton should be feeling pretty good about himself as Paxman very emphatically — and tearfully — expresses his desire to see his best friend in the clip, as well as just wanting to dance.
At one point, Paxman seems to completely have forgotten where he was.
“How did I get here?” he asks, squirming in the chair trying to figure out his surroundings.
Paxman then insists, “Dude, I’m good, bro. I’m so good.”
He becomes distressed again when his father points out that he can’t get up and leave until the staff takes out his IV, which he hadn’t noticed in his arm before. It’s also revelation to him later in the clip that there was gauze in his mouth. When the nurse comes in to remove the IV and Paxman perks up asking if she’s his girlfriend.
He states again, “I’m good, bro. I want to party.”
The nurse gives Paxman’s parents a parting “good luck.”
“I hope you have a great weekend,” she said.
See the video for yourself (Content warning: some strong language):
The video has gone viral on Facebook with more than 113,000 likes and more than 100,000 shares as of the time of this posting. On YouTube though, the video only has a little more than 13,000 views so far.
Now, it could be argued that Paxman is “hamming up” the effects of the drug for the camera. And that could be. Even if this is the case though, it doesn’t make it any less hilarious.
Paxman has even created T-shirts with his “I want to party” quote.
If you didn’t know the “David After Dentist” reference made above, it was a similarly funny viral video posted in 2009 that now has more than 118 million views. Check it out:
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 590 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 520 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 390 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 336 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 321 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 275 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 151 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Late turnovers doom Heat in Game 2 loss, 97-93
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- Granderson hurt as Yankees beat Rays 9-4