Israeli Embassy Releases Hilariously Odd Animated Video in Honor of Obama’s Visit
In honor of Barack Obama’s first presidential visit to Israel, the Israeli embassy in Washington, D.C. released a video one might expect to see more in a middle school classroom than the international diplomatic stage.
The animated clip features the real voices of both President Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, but the heads bob up and down, side to side, the lips never really matching the words.
The world leaders reaffirm the unbreakable bonds between Israel and the United States in front of reporters before the video takes an unexpected turn — with the “Golden Girls”?
Suddenly Obama and Netanyahu are in the prime minister’s library, dropping their newspapers in favor of a high five and “bro” handshake as the theme song of the popular show plays in the background.
“Promoting the president’s visit by playing on my affinity for an 80s sitcom classic? Well played, Israel,” Meredith Jessup wrote on TheBlaze blog.
Enjoy the clip for yourself, below:
The video’s description includes a message from the embassy, which begins by highlighting the “deep and multifaceted” relationship “based on shared values and common interests” between the United States and Israel.
After using Iran as an example of the two countries working together, the message concludes:
Some may seek to point out the differences between us, but the true indicator is looking at how close we truly are. It is an unbreakable alliance based not only on our mutual security interests and economic interests, but also on our shared values and common interests.
We are proud to welcome President Obama to Israel to highlight the friendship between our two nations—a bond that is stronger than it has ever been.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 509 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 471 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 464 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 323 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 293 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Organization? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand on the Major Change) Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 115 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 215 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- What vitally important issue is the NY state legislature debating?
- Feel-good story of the day: 3D printers aren’t just for guns
- Obama admin becomes ABC’s ‘Scandal’
- Was Gibson Guitar raid another example of political targeting by Obama DOJ?
- Code Pink protester pretended to be journalist so she could heckle Obama
- Judge orders more monitoring for Cowboys DT
- Damage reported from magnitude-5.7 quake in Calif.
- Syria targeted Israeli jeep going to rebel village
- Nadal could get Djokovic in French Open semifinals
- Woman in Berlusconi case denies her own statements
- Oklahoma gets far more than its share of disasters
- Latest 'Bachelorette' won't say if she's engaged
- Netflix hoping for memorable Memorial Day weekend