Limbaugh Pranks Audience With Netflix Scare To Prove a Point About Obama
Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh on Thursday told his listeners that Netflix would be raising its monthly fees in order to provide service to those who can’t afford it.
“What an outrage is that? Netflix! This would be like beer going up five dollars a case to pay for beer for those who … can’t afford it,” he said.
“This is not taxes on the rich, this is not price increases on the rich,” he added. “No! Netflix is monthly charge to help pay for those who can’t afford it.”
But here’s the thing: None of it is true.
After leading his audience on for a bit, Limbaugh finally explained what he was doing.
“Okay, mission (partially) accomplished,” he said after a commercial break. “Netflix is not raising their prices for any reason. I made that up to see what kind of reaction that it would get. I’m trying to illustrate a point here.”
“Based on my email, people are outraged … more than they get outraged over anything Obama does,” he said. “I was just kidding. Just making a point.”
“No more of an illustration,” he continued, “than saying, ‘What I think is going totally upset Obama is if an open mic catches him dissing Timberlake’s latest CD.’ Here we are, in the middle of our Idiocracy, people [would] get livid at Obama over that while he’s taking their freedoms and raising the cost of living. They could care less. Let him diss Timberlake and that’s it!”
Likewise, “let Netflix raise their price so other people don’t have to pay for it, you’d have hell to pay,” Limbaugh said.
Listen courtesy DailyRushbo:
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
Featured image screen grab.
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 526 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 418 Comments
- Priest Gunned Down by Italian Mobsters Now Beatified Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 101 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 118 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Female suicide bomber injures 18 in Russian region
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- East title series shifts to Indy, knotted at 1-1
- Israeli expert says Syria cyberattack foiled
- Israeli official says Syria cyberattack foiled
- Kim joins 2 for LPGA lead in rainy Bahamas