Bill O’Reilly and Laura Ingraham Issue Dire Warning About Secular Progressivism and America’s Future
Last night, Fox News host Bill O’Reilly tackled secular progressive attacks on traditional society, a subject he has regularly discussed on his television program. Bringing in popular radio host Laura Ingraham, he decried yet another assault he believes is unfolding against people of faith: The War on Easter.
In addition to dismissing this alleged attempt to further strip faith out of society, the host spent some time hammering secularists who are leading the charge against traditional values.
“In some schools you are not allowed to say the word Easter,” O’Reilly proclaimed at the start of the segment, noting that some public schools are holding “Spring egg hunts” and heralding the “Spring Bunny.”
O’Reilly proceeded to explain what’s driving these changes. Taking on his familiar ideological foes, secular progressives, he said that these individuals and groups are feeling “unchained” and “liberated” and are looking to “diminish any form of religion.”
“If the far left can marginalize Santa and the Easter Bunny — if they can tell the children those symbols are obselete and unnecessary — they then set the stage for a totally secular society in the future,” he continued, warning America not to go down the liberal road that countries like Scandinavia have pursued.
Ingraham shared O’Reilly’s concerns and outlined some of the reasons she believes that traditional Americans may have fears about secular progressivism.
“I think people who are traditionally faithful…I think they understand society has become more secular. A lot of them I think are fearful,” she said. “I think there’s a lot of demonization [from] secular progressions of Christians. Maybe they think, Bill, there’s a new era of persecution that we’ve never seen in this country before…that we’re beginning to see now.”
O’Reilly went on to decry the fact that there’s no contemporary leader that traditional Americans can look to for guidance.
“There’s no national leader in this country,” O’Reilly said, noting the importance of finding a person who can galvanize people of faith.
And both pundits seemed to agree: Secular progressives pose a danger to America’s future, not only because they will potentially erode values and norms, but because history shows what happens when Christianity and values are collectively removed from society.
Ingraham, in particular, noted that Europe became poorer and lost power as secularism crept in. The U.S., too, she warned, could have the same fate should a similar dynamic unfold.
“America as a result will become poorer and weaker and less influential in the world,” she cautioned.
Watch the segment, below:
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Watch Toddler’s Unbelievable Ability to Rattle off Presidential Quotes (And Guess Which Clinton One He Used)
- College Student Says He’s Been Suspended After He Refused Prof’s Demand to Stomp on Jesus Sign
- Gay Conversion Therapy Ban Proposed in NJ — But Will Gov. Chris Christie Support It?
- 5 of the Rarest, Most Unique Bibles and Historic Artifacts in ‘The Bible’s’ Epic Exhibit
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 474 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 465 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 372 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 331 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 112 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 215 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 106 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 108 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Muslim hardliners ID London terror suspect
- Cannes crime: 2nd jewel theft during film festival
- James, Bryant voted to All-NBA first team
- Coded goal: RG3 still aiming for Redskins' opener
- Tea party storm largely inside IRS _ so far
- Israel says Iran unaffected by world pressure
- House backs variable rate student loans
- Obama condemns 'appalling attack' on UK soldier