Bill O’Reilly and Laura Ingraham Issue Dire Warning About Secular Progressivism and America’s Future
Last night, Fox News host Bill O’Reilly tackled secular progressive attacks on traditional society, a subject he has regularly discussed on his television program. Bringing in popular radio host Laura Ingraham, he decried yet another assault he believes is unfolding against people of faith: The War on Easter.
In addition to dismissing this alleged attempt to further strip faith out of society, the host spent some time hammering secularists who are leading the charge against traditional values.
“In some schools you are not allowed to say the word Easter,” O’Reilly proclaimed at the start of the segment, noting that some public schools are holding “Spring egg hunts” and heralding the “Spring Bunny.”
O’Reilly proceeded to explain what’s driving these changes. Taking on his familiar ideological foes, secular progressives, he said that these individuals and groups are feeling “unchained” and “liberated” and are looking to “diminish any form of religion.”
“If the far left can marginalize Santa and the Easter Bunny — if they can tell the children those symbols are obselete and unnecessary — they then set the stage for a totally secular society in the future,” he continued, warning America not to go down the liberal road that countries like Scandinavia have pursued.
Ingraham shared O’Reilly’s concerns and outlined some of the reasons she believes that traditional Americans may have fears about secular progressivism.
“I think people who are traditionally faithful…I think they understand society has become more secular. A lot of them I think are fearful,” she said. “I think there’s a lot of demonization [from] secular progressions of Christians. Maybe they think, Bill, there’s a new era of persecution that we’ve never seen in this country before…that we’re beginning to see now.”
O’Reilly went on to decry the fact that there’s no contemporary leader that traditional Americans can look to for guidance.
“There’s no national leader in this country,” O’Reilly said, noting the importance of finding a person who can galvanize people of faith.
And both pundits seemed to agree: Secular progressives pose a danger to America’s future, not only because they will potentially erode values and norms, but because history shows what happens when Christianity and values are collectively removed from society.
Ingraham, in particular, noted that Europe became poorer and lost power as secularism crept in. The U.S., too, she warned, could have the same fate should a similar dynamic unfold.
“America as a result will become poorer and weaker and less influential in the world,” she cautioned.
Watch the segment, below:
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Watch Toddler’s Unbelievable Ability to Rattle off Presidential Quotes (And Guess Which Clinton One He Used)
- College Student Says He’s Been Suspended After He Refused Prof’s Demand to Stomp on Jesus Sign
- Gay Conversion Therapy Ban Proposed in NJ — But Will Gov. Chris Christie Support It?
- 5 of the Rarest, Most Unique Bibles and Historic Artifacts in ‘The Bible’s’ Epic Exhibit
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,030 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 461 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 433 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 309 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 248 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 129 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 222 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- North Korea sends leader's special envoy to China
- Early vote points to close race as LA picks mayor
- Straily, Cespedes push A's past Rangers 1-0
- Spurs blow late lead, beat Grizzlies 93-89 in OT
- Apple case seen as possible spur to tax action
- Bernanke testimony to be studied for policy clues
- North Korean leader sends 'special envoy' to China
- State media shows NKorea has new military chief