Back in October, TheBlaze first told you about the re-boot of the buzz-worthy “Left Behind” movie that is on its way. As you may know, the popular Christian-themed book and film series tackled the Rapture and other Biblical themes.
Now, the movie series is preparing for a revamp — one that will star actors Nicolas Cage, Chad Michael Murray and Ashley Tisdale. And this afternoon, TheBlaze exclusively learned that another star is in talks to potentially appear in the film.
According to sources, Tia Mowry-Hardrict (of the popular show “Sister Sister”) is talking with producers about a starring role in the new “Left Behind.”
So far, the role that Mowry-Hardrict would possibly play is under wraps, however the other actors’ placements in the movie have already been announced.
Cage will play Captain Rayford Steele, Tisdale will play his daughter, Chloe Steele, and Murray will depict journalist Buck Williams (previously played by Kirk Cameron). As for Mowry-Hardrict’s potential role, Stoney Lake Entertainment CEO Paul Lalonde did give a few clues.
“They will be a passenger on a plane that the film’s main character Captain Rayford Steele is piloting,” he said of the role that the famed actress could be cast to play.
The film will focus on the characters’ situation during the first few hours after the Biblical rapture, based on the Book of Revelation. Production begins at the end of April in Baton Rouge, La.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- ‘Sodomy: We All Have to Pay’: Ann Coulter Uses Some Reverse Logic (and Gay Bathhouses) to Attack Bloomberg’s Proposals
- ‘You’re a Nasty Piece of Work, Aren’t You?’: The BBC’s Insanely Awkward & Hard-Hitting Interview with London’s Mayor
- Pro-Life Icon Details Escape From Planned Parenthood and the Abortion Industry — and Here’s How She’s Helping Others do the Same
- CBS Apologizes to Veterans Following ‘Anti-American’ Episode of ‘The Amazing Race’
- Obama Doubles Down on Assault Weapons Ban: It Still Deserves a Vote
- Did Pope Francis Secretly Endorse Civil Unions for Gays?