Ashley Judd has officially said she won’t seek the Democratic Senate nomination in Kentucky to try to oust Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.
In a series of tweets posted late Wednesday afternoon, the actress said that following “serious and thorough contemplation,” she realized her “responsibilities & energy at this time need to be focused on [her] family.”
Judd implored supporters to “know that is my voice & truth; don’t fool with the distortions.”
Her announcement comes after the Huffington Post reported earlier this month that Judd had made the decision to run and was planning to announce in May.
She had previously said she was looking closely at a Senate bid and even earned herself a preemptive attack ad from Republican strategist Karl Rove’s American Crossroads super PAC that branded her a “Hollywood liberal.”
- Bill Clinton wants Ashley Judd to run
- Ashley Judd ‘a great candidate,’ says Donald Trump
- Report: Hollywood Actress Ashley Judd Set to Announce Run for Senate Against Mitch McConnell
- Karl Rove Super PAC Goes After Lib Actress With Brutal Attack Ad
- Actress Ashley Judd Defends Planned Parenthood & Says GOP Doing ‘Really Dumb Things’
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.