Dean Cain is best known for his iconic role as Superman in “Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman,” among other television and film appearances. Of late, though, it seems the actor’s conservative views on issues like gun control are making headlines.
On Wednesday, Cain continued his political involvement, issuing a very simple message on Twitter. He wrote: “Gun Control? Does it work?” This is obviously a question many have asked during a wave of proposals that have swept the nation recently.
Accompanying this message was a link to a video that, as Twitchy notes, considers the impact and effect of Australia’s semiautomatic weapons ban and the nation’s gun-buyback program.
Unlike fellow actor Jim Carrey, who mass tweeted U.S. senators in hopes that they would advocate for more restrictive gun control measures, Cain took the opportunity to send a very simple curiosity to his followers.
Rather than taking to more divisive commentary as some others on both sides of the debate have done, Cain merely questioned the impact of gun control measures, while allowing the video to educate people about how these elements played out in Australia.
Here’s how some Twitter supporters reacted to Cain’s message:
Below, watch the video that Cain shared that shows the alleged negative impact of Australia’s gun buyback program and semiautomatic weapons ban:
As noted, Carrey, who clearly differs greatly from Cain on the issue, took a very different tactic in reaching out with his pro-gun control message (i.e. he’s talking about it non-stop on social media). You can read his ongoing comments about guns and violence over on his Twitter feed.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Colo. Sheriff Alleges Shock Training to TheBlaze: DHS-Bound Official Warned Against ‘Christians Who Take the Bible Literally’
- Colorado State Patrol Goes After Sheriff Who Alleged Anti-Christian Training Session: ‘He Misrepresented the Training Material’
- Is Joel Osteen Really Leaving the Christian Faith, Lambasting the Bible and Launching His Own Religion?
- Wash. State Suing Christian Florist After She Refuses to Provide Flowers for Gay Wedding
- Professor Under Investigation for Allegedly Forcing Students to Make Anti-Gun Posters
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.