MSNBC’s Chris Matthews wasted no time in questioning whether today’s horrific bombing of the Boston Marathon was a politically-motivated attack.
On “Hardball” tonight, the host openly questioned whether at least a portion of the horror was an intentional attack against the Democratic Party. Matthews made his controversial comments when he assumed that a purported explosion at the JFK Library was associated with the bombings.
“I was just thinking, again, it’s early; it’s an early situation, but going after the Kennedy Library, not something at Bunker Hill, not something from the freedom trail or anything that kind of historic, but a modern political figure of the Democratic Party,” he said “Does that tell you anything?”
These comments were uttered during an exchange with Michael Leiter, former director of the United States National Counterterrorism Center. Matthews preceded his questioning of whether the Democrats were under siege with the following statement:
“Let me ask you about domestic terrorism as a category. Normally, domestic terrorists, people tend to be on the far right, well that’s not a good category, just extremists, let’s call them that. Do they advertise after they do something like this? Do they try to get credit as a group or do they just hate America so much or its politics or its government that they just want to do the damage, they don’t care if they get public credit, if you will?”
Watch the video, below:
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Here’s a Quick Recap of What You Need to Know About the Boston Bombings This Morning
- Muslim Brotherhood Leader Pens Bizarre Boston Bombing Note Pointing to Widespread Conspiracy
- Go Inside Philly Abortion Doctor’s Shocking Murder Trial: More Disturbing Details Emerge (WARNING: Graphic)
- Who Wore a T-Shirt Mixing Sandy Hook Victims and Trayvon Martin to the MTV Movie Awards and Said It Wasn’t ‘Political’?
- Meet the Teacher Who’s Bringing God Back Into Public Schools — But Who Says He’s a Big ‘Threat’ to Religious Conservatives
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.