Singer Erykah Badu took to her Twitter account early in the morning on Wednesday to share her very-candid views on the Minister Louis Farrakhan. Rather than taking aim at some of the divisive comments that the faith leader continues to utter, she labeled him a “Super Hero” and a “beautiful, brave being.”
“Louis Farakahn is a SuperHero. That’s A beautiful brave being,” she wrote (note: the minister’s name is “Farrakhan” not “Farakahn” as noted in her tweet; spelling and grammar kept in tact).
Clearly confounded by the message, Twitchy asked, “Since when are racism and anti-Semitism beautiful or brave?,” referring to the Nation of Islam leader’s seemingly contentious and fiery commentary about whites and Jews, among others.
In an effort to further highlight the curious nature of Badu’s pro-Farrakhan tweet, Twitchy also noted that, last year, the singer tweeted a message that the outlet believes the faith leader would patently reject.
In Aug. 2012, Badu tweeted, “‘Race’ should be taken off of EVERY form. We are all Americans.” To this, Twitchy responded, “Criticism of the race card is just the sort of thing that would send “superhero” Farrakhan into uncontrollable fits of rage.”
Later, following push-back on Twitter, Badu seemingly defended her praise of Farrakhan.
So, it seems Farrakhan has the support of a Grammy-Award winning singer, despite his intensely divisive and troubling language, which TheBlaze has extensively documented.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Rapper’s Viral Song Blasts These 12 Famous Pastors as ‘Foul,’ ‘Deceitful’ and ‘False Teachers’
- Chris Matthews on Boston Bombings: ‘Domestic Terrorists…Tend to Be on the Far Right’
- Muslim Brotherhood Leader Pens Bizarre Boston Bombing Note Pointing to Widespread Conspiracy
- Ed Henry Uses Gosnell Trial to Grill Jay Carney Over Obama’s Policy Stance on Babies ‘Born After a Botched Abortion’
- We Take You Inside Gosnell’s Shocking Murder Trial: Dismembered Babies, an Odd Defense Tactic and the Chilling Realities of Abortion