Calif. Parents Whose Baby Boy Was Snatched by Police Tell Their Unbelievable Story

Anna and Alex Nikolayev with their baby, Sammy. (Photo: Facebook/Bring Sammy Home)

Following a Monday court ruling, Anna and Alex Nikolayev are one step closer to regaining full custody of their infant son. As previously reported by TheBlaze, the Russian couple, currently living in Sacramento, Calif., had their baby “snatched” up by police and Child Protection Services (CPS) after they say they took the child to another hospital to get a second opinion.

On Tuesday, the couple joined Glenn Beck on TheBlaze TV to discuss their case. A court ruled Monday that the baby boy, Sammy, would be transferred to the Stanford Medical Center for further medical evaluation. The couple must follow all future reasonable medical advice and a county social worker will make regular house visits to check on the child even after he returns home.

“It was awful,” Alex Nikolayev told TheBlaze TV, recalling the traumatic incident. “It’s like we had no rights whatsoever. They just came in, assaulted us and kidnapped our child.”

The child’s mother, Anna, said she has never seen a government act in such an unreasonable manner, even back home in Germany. Her husband is from Russia.

The parents were not satisfied with the care that their child was getting at Sutter Memorial Hospital. The mother says she witnessed a nurse giving Sammy antibiotics, something a doctor had instructed her not to do. Additionally, the couple was understandably hesitant about subjecting their child to serious surgery without being absolutely sure about such a recommendation.

So the Nikolayevs took their son to Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Sacramento without a proper discharge from Sutter Memorial. CPS later cited the parents for “severe neglect.”

Seeking to cover all the angles of the story, Beck asked the parents if they had any clue why CPS would accuse them of “severe” child neglect. The couple couldn’t explain why such an false accusation was made so prematurely.

Watch the interview via TheBlaze TV below:

“I cannot imagine, my wife or I, what we would go through, if at five months, they took my child for two weeks,” Beck said.

Anna Nikolayev said the situation was the most “horrible” thing they could have imagined happening to their family.

Discussing the case in a previous interview with Fox News, Alex Nikolayev said he received a call from his wife the day after they took Sammy to the second hospital telling him that the cops were outside and prepared to break the door down.

“I asked them if they had a warrant. Next thing you know I’m basically being pushed, dropped to the ground,” he told Fox News. He claims that officers handcuffed him and took his keys without his permission and tried to enter the house. He said he then called his wife from outside and told her to call 911.

Weinberger said he thinks authorities have been lying to cover up “completely unjustifiable” actions. He also promised that a lawsuit is “absolutely” forthcoming. The lawsuit will likely target all parties involved, including the Sacramento Police Department, DPS and Sutter Memorial Hospital.