On his Tuesday morning radio program, Glenn Beck discussed the latest wave of revelations on the September 11 Benghazi attack that killed U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.
The new information comes from whistle-blowers, and details have been confirmed by TheBlaze’s sources, Beck said, including that “there was a ‘stand down order’ given to that Special Forces team.”
“I will tell you that on the Benghazi thing, I came out three, four days into it and I said: ‘This is what I believe is happening.’ And I laid the story out,” Beck said. “And so far everything but the gun-running is panning out. And I was told by a source last night that the gunrunning thing is a foregone conclusion, everyone in Washington, they all know it was gunrunning to Syrian rebels, which are now headed by the Muslim Brotherhood guy from Dallas, Texas. The circle is complete.”
He added: “The media had this story dead to rights, they could’ve easily done this story and it would’ve changed the course of the election, but instead, now we have to go through scandal for the next three years. We’re going to have to question Clinton and everybody in the State Department.”
Beck explained, telling the story of what happened with the new information:
If you recall, we were told that three private contractors who were killed along with Ambassador Stevens were just down the road from the compound in an annex. They heard shots and explosions, and ran down to help the Ambassador and staff. Those men were killed in the firefight.
But we aree now hearing from sources that two of the three contractors actually had commandeered a plane in Tripoli when they heard about the attack, and flew to Benghazi. We are also hearing that there was a security detail of approximately 15 men inside the compound at the time of the attack, and they were ordered to stand down and evacuate. It is unclear at this point if they were told if they were told to leave the ambassador behind, and it is not clear if they were military personnel or State Department Security.
We understand this group had to fight their way out of the compound and make their way to the CIA Annex down the road where they waited for more than 20 hours to be transported out of the area. There is more to this story. A number of them were injured, and they were told that they were to be taken directly to Walter Reed Hospital, and ordered not to speak publicly about the ordeal. To date, their identities have not been revealed. [Emphasis added]
“Our sources tell us that of the issues that will be cleared up tomorrow is whether or not Department of Defense was ordered to ‘stand-down,’ and by whom. This is important because a number of media outlets have reported that a Special Forces team was an hour away when the attack occurred, and could’ve been on the scene before the second attack on the compound took place,” Beck concluded. “The Blaze has been told by two sources that there was a ‘stand down order’ given to that Special Forces team.”
TheHouse Oversight Committee will begin the latest round of Benghazi hearings on Wednesday.