As the bizarre details continue to emerge surrounding Ariel Castro’s alleged kidnapping of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight, a new revelation is captivating attention: A letter that was purportedly written by the suspect in 2004 and discovered by police in his home. In it, Castro reportedly confessed his crimes and expressed a desire to kill himself and give his savings to the victims he purportedly held against their will for nearly a decade.
The Daily Mail notes that the letter was apparently given by police to WOIO-TV reporter Scott Taylor. The journalist subsequently shared lines from the purported “confession” on his Twitter feed. Among the sentiments present in the letter, Taylor claims that Castro wrote, “I am a sexual predator. I need help.”
Additionally, he purportedly admitted that Berry, DeJesus and Knight were in his custody “against their will because they made a mistake of getting in a car with a total stranger.” Castro is said to have also expressed surprise at himself over the fact that he inevitably looked for a third victim when he already had two in his custody.
Here are the tweets that provide Taylor’s transcriptions and various portions of the suspect’s alleged letter:
On Wednesday, Castro was charged with four counts of kidnapping and three counts of rape. His brothers, Pedro and Onil, have not been charged with any crimes, but are still being held. Read TheBlaze’s continuing coverage of the Cleveland kidnapping here.
(H/T: Daily Mail)
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Did an Imam Really Use Arabic Prayer to Covertly Damn Fallen Seal Team 6 Members to Hell During Their Funeral?
- Is the U.S. Military Really Planning to Court-Martial Christian Soldiers Who Proselytize? TheBlaze Explores the Stunning Allegations
- ‘Soul Surfer’ Who Lost Her Arm in Shark Attack Makes Life-Changing Announcement
- Abortionist Makes Grisly Comparison About Terminating Babies’ Lives in Newest Undercover Video: ‘It’s Like Putting Meat in a Crock-Pot’
- Ex-Westboro Member Breaks Down in Tears After Mother of Fallen Soldier Talks About ‘Dread’ Group’s Picketing Caused
- Biden Wants Pastors, Rabbis and Nuns to Tell Their Flocks: Enacting More Gun Control Is the Moral Thing to Do
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.