Not everyone in Hollywood is happy with President Barack Obama. While the majority of Tinseltown certainly leans left, there are some Republicans quietly lurking in the mix. While his official political affiliation isn’t known, actor and musician Frankie Muniz came out earlier today against at least one of the president’s most recent decisions.
In a tweet, he announced his frustration with Obama’s choice to make Susan Rice his new national security adviser. After voicing his angst and surprise, Muniz appealed to the public to “wake up.”
“Really? Susan Rice? National Security Adviser? Really? ,” he wrote. “Another
#ObamaFail. Wake up people.”
It didn’t take long before the “Malcolm in the Middle” actor was compelled to defend himself. One follower responded to Muniz’s initial tweet, writing, “Romney supporter then? Eek wake up.” To that, the entertainer refrained from supporting anyone, instead noting his contention that Obama is “letting our country down.”
Muniz’s response to Obama’s announcement earlier today is noteworthy, mostly because Hollywood generally praises the president. Seeing an actor take an opposing stance is always fascinating — and an action that is sure to spawn disdain among his or her compatriots in the industry.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- This Is Transforming the Way People Read the Bible Across the Globe
- ‘It’s Not a Hate Thing’: Boy Scouts Face Monumental Loss After Choice to Allow Openly-Gay Members
- Is Owning a Gun an ‘Important Civil Right’? ‘Eye-Opening’ New Movie Aims to Change Americans’ Views on Firearms and Liberty
- ‘Praying for a Miracle’: Congresswoman Makes Tragic Facebook Announcement About Unborn Baby
- Is This America’s ‘First Female Navy SEAL’? Transgender Former SEAL Comes Out in New ‘Warrior Princess’ Book