Glenn Beck made the case on his television program Tuesday that history is beginning to repeat itself with regard to religion, and that it could have dire consequences for the west and the world.
“In Europe, there is a very strong radical movement towards erasing all religion,” he said. Prior to the horror of World War II, a similar movement existed after “the state started competing with religion as the moral authority.”
Beck said we are at the beginning of that road, but are facing the “same problems.”
“God is being driven out of the public square. God is openly mocked and hedonism and darkness are being embraced,” he said. “A society that continues to accept and applaud wrongdoing will destroy itself from within, it must. It becomes a virus to nature’s laws.”
The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Get it all with a FREE TRIAL.
Beck invited religious leaders from the Black-Robe Regiment, who will join him in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday, June 19, to weigh in, and offer their ideas for a cohesive, unifying message for all Americans.
David Barton suggested six principles from the time of the nation’s founding:
1) There is a God
2) God gives rights
3) Government exists to protect the rights that God gives
4) There is a moral law
5) Below the moral law, people get to govern
6) If the government doesn’t do those five things, the people have the right to a new government
See what Rabbi Daniel Lapin and Pastor Ken Hutcherson had to say, below:
(The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Get it all with a FREE TRIAL).
- We’re Looking at It Wrong: ‘One of the Most Influential People in America’ Explains How Culture Really Changes
- Glenn Beck Radio Program: We Want Our Stuff…At What Cost?
- Beck: Government ‘Dragging’ Us Into a War We ‘Will Not Survive’ in the Middle East
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.