An unfortunate thing happened on “Fox & Friends” this morning — or, as TV Newser dubs the scenario, it was an incident that went “terribly awry.”
Toddler Titus Ashby is a basketball sensation (you’ve seen him on TheBlaze before) who is known for magically sinking hoops again and again. He and his father appeared on the show this morning, with co-host Brian Kilmeade speaking to Titus as the child showed the world his stunning abilities.
“Titus is on a roll,” Kilmeade proclaimed, later adding, “Do you ever miss, Titus? Ever?”
The toddler didn’t verbally respond; he just kept on making baskets.
As the host continued to shower accolades upon the tiny prodigy, a painful bit of foreshadowing unfolded — and an event that unfolded on live television for the nation to see.
“Titus you’re a machine. You’re a machine! How do you stop this?,” Kilmeade said as he passed Titus the ball.
It was at this point, though, that the host’s rhetorical question was inadvertently answered by an unintended action. The young boy missed the ball that Kilmeade passed him and was hit square in the face.
Titus reacted by immediately grabbing his face and sobbing. The segment, needless to say, ended there.
Later on, the awkward moment was played off by Kilmeade and the “Fox & Friends” gang, as they gave Titus the chance to throw the ball back as hard as he could at the host.
Watch the entire incident, below:
(H/T: TV Newser)
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Scientists Angry Over College’s ‘Disturbing’ Hire of Astronomy Professor Who Embraces Intelligent Design
- ‘God Is Pro-Life’: This Simple Anti-Abortion Painting Saved an Unborn Baby’s Life
- ‘C***,’ ‘Right-Wing Wacko’: 10 of the Nastiest and Most Virulent Responses to Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s Fox News Move
- ‘Evolution vs. God’ Movie So Popular It Crashes Evangelical Leader’s Website: ‘It’s Going to Take Down Evolution’
- Opponents of Boy Scouts’ Gay Youths Policy to Launch New ‘Godly’ Alternative for Kids
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.