Comedian Bill Maher drew boos last night from David Letterman’s “Late Show” audience after making two George Zimmerman jokes — quips that didn’t go over too well.
After sitting down with the late-night host, Maher wasted no time making a wisecrack about minorities in Florida. The joke, which was intended to poke at the handling of Trayvon Martin’s tragic death, fell flat.
It unfolded after Letterman noted that Maher is a partial owner of the New York Mets. The comedian responded, “Better than being a minority in Florida.”
To this, the audience loudly booed and Maher found himself asking, “Why are they booing?”
Watch it unfold, below:
And he wasn’t done there, as he had yet another Zimmerman quip in the pipeline.
While its not shown in the CBS clip, Maher also said, according to Mediaite’s account, “You know they want to give George Zimmerman a gun now. The Florida state law is that he can get his gun back. I say, if he gets a gun, Casey Anthony gets a baby.”
That was apparently the end of the Zimmerman references.
This post has been updated.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Is the New Hollywood Movie ‘The Conjuring’ About a Demonic Possession Really Based on True Events? The Shocking Answer
- Jimmy Carter Issues Surprising Stance on Zimmerman Verdict
- Gosnell Abortion Clinic Worker Finds God and Becomes Pro-Life: ‘She Wants to Live a Christ-Like Life’
- 6-Year-Old Pulls Knife on Playmate and Steals His iPod in Bizarre Playground Incident
- Is This NFL Rookie Player a ‘Muslim Extremist’? Furor and Debate Rage Following Stunning Allegations