Megyn Kelly will be taking the 9 p.m. ET Fox News slot currently occupied by Sean Hannity, according to the Drudge Report.

Megyn Kelly to Fox News 9 P.M. Sean Hannity Drudge Report

Megyn Kelly will reportedly be taking the 9 p.m. ET slot at Fox News. (Fox News/AP)

The announcement is reportedly set for later this month and would constitute the network’s first major primetime change in a decade.

“It’s all about Megyn,” a Fox “insider” told Drudge. “She is the new face of cable news. She has it all!”

Fox News announced last month that Kelly was moving to the network’s primetime lineup but did not announce a new show for her. Fox said at the time it had signed long-term deals with all of its evening anchors and hosts, including Hannity.

“We will neither confirm nor deny any programming schedule changes,” a Fox News spokesperson said in a statement. “As previously stated, the network has signed long-term deals with Megyn Kelly, Bret Baier, Shepard Smith, Bill O’Reilly, Sean Hannity and Greta Van Susteren.”

Kelly left her daytime show “America Live with Megyn Kelly” to go on maternity leave last month. She gave birth to her third child on July 26.

If confirmed at 9 p.m., Kelly would be up against hosts Piers Morgan on CNN and Rachel Maddow on MSNBC.

Morgan issued a challenge to his potential timeslot rival Thursday afternoon, tweeting, “Bring it on @megynkelly.”

One hour after breaking the news on his website, Matt Drudge took to his personal Twitter account to opine about Fox News head Roger Ailes: “Megyn Kelly to 9PM on FOXNEWS means different things to different people. In the end, it’s Ailes doing what he does best: Broadcasting…”

This post has been updated.

Other Must-Read Stories