Erick Stakelbeck, author of “The Brotherhood: America’s Next Great Enemy,” discussed the widespread attacks on Christians in Egypt in recent days on TheBlaze TV on Friday.
“Christians, in the birthplace of Christianity, are on the run,” he said. “What we’re seeing right now in Egypt is literally a pogrom, where Christians are systematically being targeted.”
Things were bad under Mubarak he said, but “it has intensified to horrific new levels since the so-called Arab Spring broke out two and a half years ago.”
Stakelbeck tied the recent attacks on Christians to what happened to the country’s Jewish community in the 1930’s.
“In 1933 there were some 80,000 Jews in Egypt,” he said. “Today, there are less than 100.”
How did that happen? Stakelbeck explained: “In the mid to late 1930’s, the Muslim Brotherhood started to gain power and they closely collaborated with the Nazis. The Brotherhood worked with Hitler’s war machine to extend the final solution from Europe to the Jews of the Middle East in North Africa…Today, they want to carry that over to the Christian population.”
He suggested the United States speak firmly on the issue, instead of “urging restraint on both sides,” as the administration did after roughly a dozen Christians were “mowed down in the streets of Cairo” in October of 2011.
“Right now there is a bullseye on the back of every Christian living in Egypt,” he warned.
Watch the entire interview, below:
The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Get it all with a FREE TRIAL.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- ‘They’re Shooting Fireworks at Us!’: American in Egypt Speaks to TheBlaze After Posting Stunning Video of Violence in the Streets
- ‘Our Revolution Is Peaceful’: Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood Denies Involvement in Church Attacks
- Reported List of Churches and Christian Institutions Attacked in Egypt Since Wednesday Will Astonish You
- Graphic: Egyptian Protesters Push Police Van Off a Bridge, Mob Below Attacks Helpless Officers
- TheBlaze’s Buck Sexton Slams Absolute ‘Counterterrorism Catastrophe’ That You May Not Have Heard About