This might be the perfect piece of furniture for the folks living in the Doomsday Castle. It’s a full-sized sofa that also houses a large gun safe.
The sofa with a secret comes from the Heracles Research Corporation and is on display this weekend at the Fort Worth Hunter’s Extravaganza. It’s a standard size sofa, with a 78-inch long safe hiding under the cushions. According to the company’s website, the safe has a two hour fire rating. However, weighing in at 650 pounds, it’s not likely that your friends will be eager to help when you move.
Security like this does not come at a bargain price. These sofas all list for around $7000.
Heracles also sells a variety of furniture / safe combinations including:
- An ottoman with a hidden safe
- A table bunker (with adjustable legs to make it coffee table or dinner table height)
- A truck bunker (it hides under the back seat of your pickup or SUV)
- Console bunker for between the front seats of your car
- King, Queen, and Twin-sized bed bunkers
- And something called a “Bury Bunker” (air-tight, water-tight, and suitable for hiding below ground)
The crew at Heracles Research Corporation wanted to prove that the cushions on the sofa are actually bullet-proof and able to be taken off and used as shields in a dangerous situation. So they produced a demonstration video showing the cushions taking fire at close range, from a variety of weapons.
Follow Mike Opelka on Twitter – @stuntbrain
Other Must-Read Stories