It appears conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh is everywhere in the news this afternoon.
First, President Obama blamed Limbaugh Friday morning for Washington’s infamous gridlock. Now the radio host is making headlines with a major announcement regarding the future of his decades-old show.
“The last month, if you read Politico or anything that linked to Politico or CNN or ABC or anywhere else, you were reading that it was over for me, that I was bad news for broadcast stations, that they could not sell advertising and all of this was because of me and the controversy I engender and therefore I was gonna be gone overnight but three to four years, and that’s it,” he said.
“Well, let’s see,” he added, “I will continue to be on their radio stations for the next three years. It was really never in doubt.”
Yup. Limbaugh has finalized a three-year contract with Cumulus Media:
“The bottom line is, no change for you,” Limbaugh said. “Wherever you’re listening to this radio show today, you’re going to be able to hear it on January 2nd, 3rd, whenever I get back from the traditional Christmas break.”
“There will be no interruption to you. There will be no change. The radio program is as strong (or stronger) than ever. It will be everywhere you are used to listening to it now,” he added.
Limbaugh’s announcement comes after months of attempts by critics to force him off the air with advertiser boycotts following his controversial comments regarding contraception enthusiast Sandra Fluke.
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
(H/T: Daily Rushbo).
Other Must-Read Stories
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.