Glenn Beck’s one-of-a-kind “Restoring Love” event at Dallas Cowboys Stadium last July almost became another event entirely — after all the tickets had been sold, Beck revealed on his radio program Thursday.
Discussing evangelist minister Billy Graham’s 95th birthday celebration, Beck said, “I don’t know if we ever talked about this on the air, but when we had ‘Restoring Love,’ and we had sold all the tickets and everything else, I wondered if maybe that whole thing wasn’t supposed to be for (Billy Graham.)”
Beck said that one of the first times he met the minister, Graham revealed to him that he still has “one last sermon” he knows he has to give.
“(I thought) that maybe we had rented Dallas Cowboys Stadium and sold all the tickets already for him,” Beck said. “So, I called him up and said … ‘I’m just making it available. I already have all the tickets sold. It’s not like, hey, can you come and help us. It’s already all sold, everything. And you know, maybe this is what it’s for.’ So, I offered him Dallas Cowboys Stadium, (said) that I wouldn’t do anything that night at Dallas Cowboys Stadium.”
Beck said at first he thought Graham was going to take him up on the offer, but that in the end he decided “it was not the right time.”
“But today is,” Beck added. “So, many people are gathering in North Carolina to pay our respects on the 95th birthday of Billy Graham.”
The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Get it all with a FREE TRIAL.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- ‘Let’s Not Be America in Name Only’: Beck Rallies Tens of Thousands to ‘Make America Better’ by Restoring Love
- ‘Get Drunk on Grace’: Pastor’s Fascinating Take on What’s Wrong With Christianity and How Believers Can Fix It
- Billy Graham: If America Ever Needed God’s Intervention, It’s Now
- Revealed: What’s Written on the Back of Billy Graham’s Bible?
- Dr. Benjamin Carson Reveals Unexpected Childhood Hobby That Helped Lift Him Out of Poverty