A 2-year-old was put into a medically-induced coma over the weekend after she was severely injured in a strange accident involving gasoline and a slide.

The unnamed toddler and her 4-year-old sister were outside their Loganville, Ga., home Saturday when they doused a slide with gasoline to make it more slippery. When the younger girl was sliding down, authorities speculate that static electricity created a spark, igniting the fuel and setting the 2-year-old on fire, WSBTV-TV reported.

side gasoline

Young girls in Georgia poured gasoline on a slide to make it more slippery. Authorities say static electricity ended up setting the slide and one of the girls on fire. (Image source: Shutterstock)

The girl was rushed to Grady Memorial Hospital where she is in critical condition with severe burns. The 4-year-old girl was not seriously injured.

According to WSBTV, authorities are not expected to press charges in this case and consider it an accident.

Other Must-Read Stories