A girl named Sharkeisha became a viral sensation on social media networks overnight — and not for a good reason.
It all started when a video of two girls — one named Sharkeisha, the other Shay — was posted on Instagram this week (it has since been banned) and quickly went viral, especially on Twitter.
The footage shows Sharkeisha (the girl in the blue shirt and hat) speaking with Shay (the girl with the pink backpack). At one point, a female filming said “you know what you did, Shay” — and pow! Out of no where Sharkeisha sucker punched Shay in the face.
Sharkeisha proceeded to beat Shay and kick her violently in the head as the girl crouched on the ground. Friends quickly stepped in and pulled Sharkeisha away. Sharkeisha then screamed at Shay over what appeared to be an issue involving a boy.
Watch the footage (Content warning: violent imagery and strong language):
Picking up on Sharkeisha’s name specifically, social media ran with the story creating a number of memes. Here are just a few tweets of the trending topic.
A user going by Queen Sharkeisha on Twitter appears to be claiming the identity of the fighter, saying she got more than 400 followers the night after the video began going viral.
There are not many confirmed facts in this incident, aside from what the video itself shows. International Business Times pulled together more information though:
- Sharkeisha is allegedly Sharkeisha Tyeshia Thompson from North Carolina
- The brutal altercation was allegedly over a boy. In the video clip she can be heard screaming: “Who were you trying to f**k” after attacking the victim.
- According to unconfirmed reports, she was arrested by police and subsequently released on $500 bond, after authorities caught wind of the violent video. A mug shot is making their rounds online.
- The name Sharkeisha is allegedly a combination of her father’s name, which is Shamar and her mother’s name Keisha.
- She now has her entry in the Urban Dictionary: ( Char kee shuh ) Verb. 1. To Punch The Soul From Another Being’s Body. “She Sharkeisha ‘d That H*e!”
- Sharkeisha is allegedly also at the centre of a suicide investigation and is being blamed for driving the victim to kill themselves.
At this point, these could all be rumors.
Either way, we speculate the violent attack would not have gained so much attention if it were not for the now infamous name Sharkeisha.