What does Dan Bongino, a former Secret Service agent and the author of “Life Inside the Bubble: Why a Top-Ranked Secret Service Agent Walked Away from It All,” say is a “very, very dangerous” development in America?
Speaking on the Glenn Beck Program Thursday, Bongino — who is also running for Congress in Maryland’s sixth district — described bureaucracy that has “grown so large” as a cause for grave concern.
“My experience in the government is, when something arrives on your desk, you assume it’s been through these massive layers of bureaucracy and management – that you don’t even ask the basic questions,” he explained.
That applies whether the threat is external, or whether that question should be, “is this constitutional?” he added.
When Beck asked whether the nation is facing more or fewer dangers than in the past, Bongino didn’t hesitate before responding: “I think it’s actually more dangerous — the irony being that as we’ve expanded our surveillance safety net and become a literal surveillance state – this isn’t a movie anymore, it’s very real.”
“It’s bureaucratic laziness at its worst,” he continued. “Instead of looking at common sense measures to combat a real threat going forward, we’re now blanket surveilling everyone, (who have) now become de facto criminals.”
Bongino concluded with a warning: “Liberty’s a zero sum game, Glenn. It can’t belong to you and the government at the same time.”
Beck said that he “can’t think of anybody” he’d rather have in Congress than Dan Bongino.
The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Get it all with a FREE TRIAL.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Former Secret Service Agent Warns: President Obama Sees Government as a ‘Shiny New Toy’
- ‘It’s Being Used for Political Purposes’: NSA Whistleblower Reveals Grave Concerns About Domestic Surveillance Program
- ‘I Have to Go Where the Truth Is Taking Me’: Bachmann Explains Her Controversial Defense of NSA Data-Collecting Policies
- NSA Whistleblower Explains Chilling Interview: ‘Everyone in the U.S. Is Under Virtual Surveillance’
- Was Justice Roberts Intimidated Into Voting for ‘ObamaCare’? Senator Mike Lee Presents the Evidence